January 24, 2021
An announcement from Paul Mount, Chairman of Mount International United Services Ltd.
As you may be aware from our recent press release, I am pleased to announce that Mount International United Service (“MIUS”) has made the decision to merge business operations with Probo Medical (“Probo”) and its family of companies. Probo is a highly regarded industry player with deep experience in our sector and an appreciation for the challenges of running a successful business, like ours.
Therefore, as part of this process, an exciting set of initiatives is planned, most notable of which is a combination of MIUS and Future Medical Equipment, Ltd (“FME”) into a combined organisation that can present a comprehensive set of solutions to our customers in the UK and across Europe.
Beyond that, I’d like to share a few noteworthy highlights that I believe will be helpful in building understanding around the partnership between MIUS and Probo and the merger of FME with MIUS:
- I will be continuing as Chairman of MIUS and the entire MIUS and FME teams will remain intact. This endeavour is about growth and we expect to need more (not less) skilled professionals in our organization as we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Both the MIUS and FME leadership teams remain intact. We are working to develop our organisational structure to best address the needs in the market and to the best benefit of our customers and suppliers.
- We will continue to support all installation projects to the same quality standard but have access to additional engineering resources to effectively respond to challenging programs.
- The integration will see the provision of more experienced engineers and other support staff. This will both broaden and strengthen the capabilities we bring to our customers and suppliers.
- Our spare parts inventory in Gloucester will grow significantly in 2021 so we hold close to 100% of spare parts required to carry out service and repairs to equipment. The merger will be a major advantage in providing enhanced support moving forward.
- We will continue to purchase, deinstall and remove from site all redundant equipment, including MRI, CT, X-ray and Ultrasound as one turnkey operation, again having additional engineering support available.
- We will be expanding our rental fleet. We already have a fleet of mobile or relocatable MRI, CT, Mammography, X-ray, C-Arms and Ultrasound and we have already started building more. Probo’s network, to access quality equipment for that fleet, will be greatly beneficial in that regard.
- MIUS will still provide high quality servicing, with 99%+ uptime and 97% first time fix rates, in the same friendly and efficient way we are renowned for
- Under the new MIUS merger we will continue to focus on the sale and support of the Iradimed MRI monitor and pumps. We believe in the success of this equipment, due to it being lightweight, cost effective, high quality and 100% magnet safe. It is proving to be successful in a number of different medical environments.
On behalf of our team, we appreciate your continued support of our business. We look forward to working with you toward a successful 2021 and for many more year of success beyond that.