Tuesday 14th September 2021, DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry
This year’s theme is ‘Making Connections’, taking the opportunity after a long period to renew contacts, meet new colleagues and connect with the future of the Clinical Engineering profession once again. Topics have been suggested by members of the groups and reflect the desire to better understand clinical activity and how best to train a workforce fit for the future.
Both the North and South Clinical Engineering (CE) Best Value Groups are well established. Each year new trusts join NPAG with membership geographically well dispersed within the NHS. The conference has been continually developed and has now been established for over 15 years.
With ever increasing budget restrictions departments need to support and pro-actively improve efficiency and safety; hence striving to ensure best value. Trust Boards need consistent assurance that medical devices are being managed effectively and users trained appropriately. It is also vital that we are aware of technological advances and learn from each other’s experiences.
This annual one-day conference provides new insights into current topical issues. An associated exhibition will enable technical staff to have valuable and in-depth discussions with a large number of suppliers and manufacturers in a relaxed atmosphere. Previous delegate feedback has been extremely positive with 100% of respondents recording the day as Excellent or Good!
This year the conference agenda will include:
- The NHS Scientific Service Provision, Angela Douglas MBE, Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, NHS England & NHS Improvement
- Training for the Safety, Servicing and Performance Verification of Medical Equipment Portfolio Manager, Mark Fordham, Eastwood Park Training
- Technical and Clinical differences in manufacturer defibrillator waveform, Andy Thomas, CIPHER Medical speaking on behalf of ZOLL
- Apprenticeships 2021: Growing Your Own Professionals, Laura Byrne, Trainer/Assessor, Avensys UK Ltd
- What’s next for Connected Care? John Mendonca, National Account Manager, Digital Health Solutions, Mindray
- Connecting the dots with Versius: The unharnessed potential of digital in surgery, Luke Hares, Chief Technology Officer, CMR Surgical
- Building Resilience, Jimmy Gittins and Ian Smith, State of Mind.
For more info visit the NPAG website to download a copy of the registration form: https://www.npag.org.uk/clinical-engineering-conference-2021/
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org