At MIUS we continually strive to show our customers how much we value them. This includes taking seriously our responsibility to protect the data that you entrust us with. Whatever information we ask you for it will always be treated under the guidelines laid out in this policy. We are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job in MIUS.
We will only ask you for information that we need to be able to understand your requirements and provide you with the information that you require in return from us. There will always be a legal basis for collecting personal data and this will be either:
• Collecting personal data based on consents – the collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be clearly documented and stored on MIUS systems. Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent at any time
• Collecting personal data based on contracts – we use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers
• Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest – we may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between MIUS and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
In addition, we may use this information so that we can keep you up to date with our products and services. That may lead to us asking for your name, contact information and email address. In order to protect this information, we have put in place all possible means of protection within our company systems which are monitored by our data protection manager. This is in place to protect against unauthorised access or disclosure to third parties. Within our organisation the only personnel who will have access to your data are those who are involved in making sure we fully respond to your requirements.
We will keep your data on file for a period for a minimum period of 6 years to support commercial, accounting, and legal requirements. However, MIUS recognises that individuals have the following rights with respect to their personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data that MIUS holds about you
• The right to request that MIUS corrects any personal data that is inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request that any personal data is deleted when is it no longer necessary for MIUS to retain such data
• The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time
• The right to request that MIUS provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass of this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
• The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
We commit to not sharing your information with other parties unless it is with your express permission or we are required to do so by law. If you wish to gain access to information we hold about you, please send an email for the attention of the Data Protection Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The provision of personal data shall be satisfied within a month from receipt of a written request. We can refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we refuse a request, we will tell you why without undue delay and at the latest, within one month.